In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sarastoa Chalk Art Street Exhibit

Real Old Man and I joined some friends to attend the Sarasota Chalk Art street exhibit- it was amazing! There were dancers...


And an area for children to create their own chalk drawing...
Block after block of Pineapple Street was blocked off and filled with artists working on their Halloween themed creations that they'd been working on since early this morning. The colors were so vivid and captivating I couldn't have picked a favorite. As it got dark, the crowds grew, with many people in costumes which was almost as entertaining as the art. My photos can't begin to do justice to the actual art work, but click each photo to see the full size photos showing more detail.











































Happy Halloween!






2 comments:

  1. I reaaly enjoyed your photos.
    Thanks for sharing.

    "I See Old People"
    What a neat title. Unique. Your sense of humor is irreverant and I'm happy you choose to share it.

    Kat (I'm not signed in..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!