In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Crock Pot Recipe and Bitch Gave Me The Stink Eye...


Every year I swear I'm not going to do this, but every year I do. During our long hot summers, we eat a lot of salads, grilled chicken and lean meats. One reason being is it's just too hot for heavy meals, plus wearing swim suits and shorts is an incentive to eat lightly. A bulging belly, a fast ass and thighs rubbing together can't be hid under clothing when it's 90 degrees and 90% humidity. But once it cools down for the winter the days get shorter, the nights longer, and the meals get heavier. Unfortunately, so do I.  So every spring I have the same 10# to be lose once again, and after I lose it I always swear I'm not going to gain it back again the next winter. I lie to myself a lot-LOL Just in case you want to get a fat ass with me, here is one of Real Old Man's favorite recipes.  

Enchilada Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lg. onion
1 tbs minced garlic cloves
4 pound lean ground beef
 corn tortillas
3-4 package taco seasoning mix
3 cans cream mushroom soup
4 cups shredder cheddar jack cheese
3 cans diced green chilies


Sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1 cup tomatillo salsa
1 can sliced black olives

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in skillet.. Cook and stir until  browned.  Drain fat.  Add taco seasoning ( 3-4 envelopes depending on taste) and water to meat. Simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.

2. In a bowl stir together the  cream of mushroom soup and green chilies.

3. In the  the bottom of a slow cooker place a layer of soup mix, a layer of tortillas, a layer of the ground beef, and then a layer of  shredded cheese. Repeat the layers until you run out of stuff, ending with a layer of tortillas on the top. Top with remaining cheese.

4. Cook on high for 1 hour, then set on low and allow to cook 4-6 hours.

Mix sour cream, tomatillo salsa and black olives together to spoon over each serving of casserole. 

I have no idea how many servings this makes but it's a lot. I always freeze half of it. And I have no idea how many calories or grams of fat but again- it's  a lot.  But damn it's good ;)


And speaking of good... my girl, Isabella, who is usually so sweet and tolerant had a little hissy fit tonight. About an hour ago she was sleeping in her bed right here beside my desk so I thought I'd take a picture of how cute she looked. The minute I turned the camera on and pointed it at her she raised her head and looked at me as if to say "Bitch, leave me alone!". I ignored her and took her photo. And as I got ready to take another one, she growled, jumped up and went to the living room to nap undisturbed on her couch. I couldn't believe she growled at me! Hell, she let's me dress her up and has posed for hundreds of photos. If she wasn't spayed I'd swear she was pmsing.  



I was asking some of the gals on Twitter this week what "stink eye" meant. I do believe Isabella just gave me a perfect example of the stink eye in this photo.

And then she was gone....

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late in my response, and ROH don't take this as disrespect, but my comment is for Bella >> your 'stink eye' is as we used to say before you were born, Right On! I have felt the exact same way this week thanks for letting mama take your pic, it provided me a much needed smile. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!