In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Laughed My Ass Off When I Looked Out My Window-

... early this evening. There was my neighbor watering his back fence line wearing a black stocking cap, bright yellow sweatshirt, large flower print shorts, and flip flops. I grabbed my good camera with a decent zoom and grabbed these photos through the window.  It was like he dressed for cold weather from the waist up and warm weather from the waist down. As I pointed out to Real Old Man, he put some thought into this outfit. Notice that the black stocking cap matches the black background of his shorts, and his yellow sweatshirt goes with the yellow flowers on his shorts.


 And one last glimpse of the fashionable gardener as he watered along the back of his shed...


 Last night I finally got around to making the Chewy Cinnamon Bars. The recipe was in the previous post.



I didn't cut them out and roll the bars in the powdered sugar- I just sifted some on the top. OMG! They are so frigging good.



In fact they are so good, we don't want to share them with the dogs, so I baked them some of these slice and bake sugar cookies.



Either my knife wasn't sharp enough or the dough was too soft, because when I tried to slice the dough I just ended up with these mangled blobs. And when I baked these blobs, they became cookies that look like huge anemic cow patties. I swear they are each about as big around as my face. Only I would manage to screw up premade refrigerated cookie dough. But the dogs pretended not to notice and haven't said a word.


PS- Please check out the Christmas tree on this blog. It's absolutely gorgeous! 

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to be reincarnated as one of your dogs.
    and, I love this blog. SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I was thinking the same too! I wanna be one of ROH's dogs .. but I would not let her get away with not giving me the other cookies!

    The gardner's outfit is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a get up! You get the funniest pictures of people and crack me up. Those cookies look good. May I ask what your counter top is? I've never seen a counter top like that- very pretty whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made those cookies today- wonderful. Damn, but you and your photos are so funny. My room mate who hates computers always lurks over my shoulder when I read your blog. He admits he loves it and that's high praise. He doesn't like, let alone love, anything about the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!