In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Proper Winter Walking Attire in Florida

I braved the frigid Florida weather today when I ventured out to look for the sun. I didn't find it. (All photos open to full size when clicked)

But I found these brave little winter soldiers. True, these hibiscus blooms couldn't quite manage to open the entire way, but they gave it a try.



And just as I gave up any hope of getting a glimpse of the sun and was going back in the house, I noticed a lone brave Floridian walking a ways down the street. I zoomed in with my camera and caught a perfect example of proper Florida winter walking attire.





And as god is my witness, the very second after I took that last shot, the old guy took off jogging- I swear- he jogged! If only I'd had my Flip with me.

1 comment:

Talk To Me!