In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Twitter Holiday Fun Activities

Are you in the holiday spirit? I got caught up in it the day after Thanksgiving when Real Old Man started dragging out his outdoor holiday lights and decorations. The man worked for days hanging lights, setting up the wicker deer and sleigh, and putting up wreaths. Our yard is so lit up I swear they could land planes here at night. But he did a great job and people passing by always compliment him. I told that just for shits and giggles, I was going to sit out there in a lawn chair and when people go by I'd yell "What the hell are you looking at, asshole?!?!"  Of course, I wouldn't really do that, but wouldn't it be funny?


I had the idea of throwing a Twitter holiday party, chatted with some of my Twitter buddies about it, and all thought it sounded like fun.  So if you're on Twitter, here's your official invitation to the 1st Annual Twitter Holiday Party!



But we aren't waiting until the 22nd to have some holiday fun. My friend Twilighttwitti  http://twitter.com/Twilighttwitti had the idea that we daily tweet holiday jokes, recipes, decorating ideas, our favorite stories of past holidays, etc.  Of course with the character limit on Twitter we'll have to either use Twitlonger or post on our blogs.  I don't use Twitlonger, so I'll post my things here.  When you tweet your holiday recipes, etc. please use a hash tag so they can all be easily found. If we all use #twitholiday then when we get on Twitter each day just type #twitholiday in your search box and you find all the tweets in one spot. I hope you all join in with all the fun we're going to have this month! If you don't do Twitlonger or have a blog, but want to share recipes, you can e-mail them to me and I'll post them here for you.

Here's my first contribution to our #twitholiday  This one of our favorite cookies and so easy to make:

Holiday Cookie Balls
Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup  powdered sugar, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups  flour
1 cup finely chopped  pecans or walnuts

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl  until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and chopped nuts, mixing thoroughly after each addition until well blended.
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
BAKE 14 to 15 min. or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 5 min. on baking sheets. Roll warm cookies in remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar until evenly coated; place on newspaper until completely cool. Store in covered container.

4 comments:

  1. I have a great various recipes to share. This is what you will need:

    A takeout menu
    A telephone
    A few dollars to pay for it.

    Bon Apetite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you RealOldHouswife. This old brain of mine has been using the wrong hashtags for my silly Christmas jokes. #holidayjoke But any new jokes, recipes, etc. I will use #twitholiday. This is going to be a fun month on twitter and I'm looking forward to it. @twilighttwitti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks @realohldhousewife I can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you three are going to be partying with us on the 22nd at the Twitter Party!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!