In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Saturday, January 15, 2011

One Thing Leads To Another...

We slept in and got a late start on the day, but we had nothing planned so it didn't matter. The weather has been so chilly and overcast lately we haven't been able to do any of our favorite outdoor things. Rather than just hang around the house we decided to get some shopping done. ROM needed a replacement for his iPod that just died, and the man can not be without his music. If it was possible, he'd have an iPod implanted so he could listen to music nonstop. All I needed were some new cool weather clothes. I've gotten tired of wearing my sparse winter wardrobe. Up until last year, our winters had been so mild I needed very few cold weather clothes. But last winter and this winter so far have been unusually cold and long.


So after a quick trip to Best Buy for ROM's iPods (he got two) we swung by my favorite casual clothing shop Two Sides of Nature. I love the bright colors and quality of their clothes. And no, I'm not getting paid or reimbursed in any way to say that- I don't even know who owns the small chain of stores. They just have great cute and colorful togs to knock around in.  

I picked up some light weight and couple heavier weight sweatshirts, and long long pants. If I have to put up with this damn cold weather I'm at least going to have something fun to wear.

As we were leaving the shop we ran into a couple we hadn't seen since before the holidays. So after she finished her shopping we all went to an early dinner to chat and catch up. After a great dinner and yakking it up, as we were  leaving we ran into another couple we all knew- they'd been sitting in another room of the restaurant. Rather than stand in the entry way talking we all decided to go to another place for after dinner drinks and dessert. It was so much fun seeing all of them and spending some time together.

We finally made it home and  though we hadn't intended to be gone so long, the dogs were patiently waiting for us. Of course I brought home some prime rib so I was forgiven for being late feeding them. One of the things I love about dogs- a pat on the head and a piece of beef, all transgressions are forgiven and all resentment is gone.  Me? I'm not so easy...

I had a can of mixed nuts hidden in the canned vegetable cupboard. Yes, I'm a white woman so we eat canned foods. I hid them in that cupboard because ROM never forages there. Everything in that cupboard entails cooking it in some way. ROM does not cook. Period. He cooked for me a few times before we got married, but evidently the ring did mean a thing (if you watch RHOA you'll know what that refers to, if you don't watch RHOA it will not make any sense to you so just ignore it) - it meant he was never cooking again. Anyway, back to the vegetable cupboard and the can of mixed nuts. I just went to dig out my secret hidden can of nuts and they were gone. Gone! Not one can of green beans or diced tomatoes were missing, but the damn can of nuts had mysteriously  disappeared. Of course I confronted ROM (to the best of my knowledge the dogs hadn't suddenly learned how to open cupboards and cans of nuts so he was the only suspect) and he copped right to it. He said he ate them weeks ago after he noticed them when he was helping me put groceries away.


Damn, I've lost my hiding place, the only place left is my desk. I bet this is how hoarders get started- trying to hide food from their spouse. Now I'm really pissed... I have no nuts to snack on tonight and I'm probably on my way to being one of those horrible disgusting hoarders.

6 comments:

  1. LOL!! He took the thrill out of the hidden snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea- I had that secret spot for years. Drats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you like color. That shop looks fun. I could use some of that color during this long snowy winter. Dont you hate it when your hearts set on eating something and someone got to it before you? Bad rom lol I left a comment on your reality blog. Makes me so mad how people give you so much crap. Don't waste your talent on that worthless reality stuff and those crazy fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want shop there, all those pretty colors

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!