In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Enveloped in a Shroud of Sea Fog...

When I took the dogs out for their final walk last night about 2 a.m. I found that a heavy sea fog had drifted ashore. I love how fog softens everything and gives it an other worldly, mystical look.  I'll never forget the first time I was on the beach and saw a wall of sea fog moving toward shore. It was the middle of the day and the wall of fog was so clearly defined, it looked like a solid block of greyness moving across the water. It was an amazing sight.  I hope someday to be on the beach again to watch a sea fog move in- only this time with my Flip so I can catch it on video.

2 comments:

  1. i love foggy mornings...of course i'm not driving in it, but you're right, it does give everything that other worldly quality. i love looking out over the front pond and imagining dragons and fairies in the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A agree- fog is very cool. But you're right- I like fog a lot more now that I don't have to go out in drive in it to work.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!