In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, March 17, 2011

To Be Chubby or Wrinkly? Oh, the Choices!

For the past few years, every spring I have the same 15- 20 pounds to lose. I swear I'm going to name them and claim them as dependents! Once again I've started my spring diet, but have mixed feelings about it. Of course I want to lose the belly before I hit the beach in a swim suit, but I also lose it in places I don't want to lose it. Like my face. I was looking in the mirror this morning and realized I like my chubby face better than my thin face. My chubby face looks younger, less jowly and definitely less wrinkled. So what do I want to look like? A younger chubby woman with a pot belly, or a slender older woman with wrinkled and saggy jowled face? I'm really not sure! Oh, the choices old age gives us...

1 comment:

  1. stilllearninabtlifeMarch 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM

    Oh stay chubby, I'm pencil thin and so wish could add weight. When I see younger generation so thin and doing drastic things to stay that way I almost scream, go to a park, look at older ladies with meat on those bones, see they age much better! now go enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!