In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Should I Hang Basketballs From My Ears?

I started an experiment exactly one week ago today. Last Saturday I woke up with one of my earrings clutched in my hand. Evidently I pulled it off in my sleep. When I got up I put it on the nightstand as I made the bed and temporarily forgot about it. As I was doing my hair and makeup a bit later, I remembered the earring was missing and that's when I got the idea to test Real Old Man. I decided to not put the earring back on and see how long it would take him to notice. I have double piercings in each ear and for years have always wore gold hoops in both (unless we're going out). I was sure it would take him awhile to say anything because in the past I have gotten haircuts and changed my hair color without him noticing.


Since it's gotten so hot and humid lately in FL. I've been wearing my hair up everyday like I always do in the summer, so he can't use the excuse that my hair covered my ears. And I know he can see well because he just got new glasses.





So how long did it take him to notice the missing earring? He still hasn't! Now keep in mind, this is a man who can watch basketball and football games on TV and clearly see when a player has a measly toe over the line. But he can sit across the dinner table from me night after night and not notice I have an earring missing?

I have to give him due credit- there have been times he's come home from work and instantly noticed I had my clothes on backwards or inside out. Sometime when I'm in the middle of an art project, I jump out of bed so eager to get back into the studio that I throw my clothes on rather haphazardly. But come on- a whole week of not noticing a missing earring? 

If he reads this entry, I'm sure he'll say something along the line of  "I was going to mention it but then forgot." Or "I thought you were going for a new look". And of course I'm not going to believe him...


Unlike Real Old Man, I do notice things.... as I was walking back to the lanai the other day I noticed how summery and colorful it looks at the outside entrance. It's not a great photo because the lighting was wrong and I just took a quick shot before I went inside. The sight of blooming flowers and green thriving plants makes me so happy I could tinkle in my panties! 


8 comments:

  1. hehehehehe, I'm waiting for ROM to read your blog ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guy is the same way, never notices anything. But how could they not notice a missing ear ring? I bet if one of our boobs went missing they'd notice.

    You must have a green thumb, your plants all look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bea- he still hasn't read my blog, so I'm still waiting.

    Anonymous- ROFL! You know they'd notice a missing tata!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha you got LOL! Please, you have to tell us when he notices!

    ~Nohohouswife

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops - meant to say you got me LOL!

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ROH,
    When did ROM notice or has he yet?! :)

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real Old Man never did notice the missing ear ring. But he did apologize for being so unattentive when he read this blog post-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a typical man to me! Reminds me a little of my "Real Old Man!" :)

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!