In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Friday, May 27, 2011

Blue Skies, Blue Water, and White Sand...

Though my lawn is a crispy brown from lack of rain, it's been beautiful beach weather. When I haven't been working in the studio, I've been playing on the beach. The snowbirds have gone home, and not many tourists right now, so the beach belongs to us locals once a gain. I enjoy every minute of the summer off season!

Real Old Man started a four day weekend yesterday so he got to spend the day on the beach with me today. The water was so calm and clear today- perfect for shelling and snorkeling.  The Gulf water temp is now 84 degrees- perfect!

Click to see photos full size







Today I saw my first sea turtle nest of the season...



Here are ROM and my beach chairs...but we don't spend much time in them...

We only get big waves for surfers when there is a tropical storm going up the Gulf, so most of the time kids have to make do with skim boarding...




On our way home we had to stop at our favorite ice cream parlor. OMG- it's orgasmic! Today I had Nutty Chocolate & Mississippi Mud.

Life is good.... hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have continued to blog. I love the pics and the stories that go along with them. Plus, we get to see what you and ROM are up to in the Sunshine State. Miss you on twitter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. while always enjoyed your viewpoint on HW's shows... it is the 'See Old People' blogs where my spirit has always been allowed to soar! a very heartfelt thank you for another piece of treasure to tuck into my mental file for when having on of life's 'those' days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see that you are enjoying life. I miss you on Twitter but I understand why you had to go. Have a WONDERFUL weekend Lady!!!

    H8Yankees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am thrilled to see these pictures. SO HAPPY you get to enjoy paradise with ROM. Missing you, well you KNOW where we are all missing you.
    smooches....Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beach is precisely where I was hoping you were yesterday! Love these posts. Reminds me of Long Island Sound although much later in the season. lol Have a wonderful long weekend, ROH! Will be thinking of you and definitely missing you!

    Take care!
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pics! Gulf Coast is so beautiful! Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bea- Thanks for stopping by. I miss all you tweeties, too! It's not near as much fun watching RHs without tweeting with everyone.

    Bacasuga- So good to "see" you! I've missed you on Twitter. I miss the old times when we all had so much fun together chatting.

    Humbruh- So nice to see a comment from you. Sure miss you and chatting with you on Twitter. I alwys think of you when I watch Treme. I'm loving this season's shows, but miss Creighton Bernette character played by John Goodman. I'd watch the series just for the music.

    H8Yankees- I miss you, too! Maybe someday Twitter will calm down and it will be fun again. Hope you're having a great weekend, too.

    Lori- Hello, my sweet friend! I just can't help taking photos and sharing them- kind of a compulsion of mine-LOL Miss you oodles too xoxoxo

    Bobbi- I was going to post my story about my adventure with the snake and the photos (which you already saw and heard about-LOL) but thought the beach pictures are prettier- hee hee. Maybe I'll do the snake story later in the week. Today was the first day I went out into the laundry room alone- I did make the JRT go with me ;)

    Hi Lizzie- So nice to see a comment from you. Missing you, too! I miss all the good times we all had on Twitter together.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!