In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chug-a-lug....

The Mirolax is mixed with the Gatorade (notice no beer in sight) and the chug-a-lug has started. I told ROM we'd make a game out of it- every time I say something funny about his colonoscopy he had to drink 8 oz. of the mix. To start it off I yelled "Inflation!" He didn't think that was funny but drank it anyway. I don't know why, but the inflation part just strikes me as hilarious.While we were out eating I suddenly burst out laughing, and when he asked what was so funny all I could gasp was "Inflation" between uncontrollable peals of laughter. People were looking at us so strangely.
It's a good thing I read the instructions ROM brought home. When he got ready to take his first drink he told me he had to drink 16 oz. every 15 minutes. I tried to tell him no, just 8 oz. in 15 minutes but he didn't believe me until he rechecked his instruction sheet.

He's now had two shots of the magic elixir.  I pointed out to him that it is now 5:30 and the instructions said to apply Vaseline at 5 p.m. He told me I needn't concern myself with the Vaseline and there would definitely be no photos of that step.

1 comment:

  1. ROM is going to shudder at the sight of green Gatorade after this. lol, poor guy.

    Jillousy

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!