In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One Score and Seven Years Ago...

... I was having hot monkey sex in a tent with Real Old Man. It was our wedding night and we were camping at a beautiful state park. I had been camping only one time previously to that night.


The first time I went camping, I swore it would be my last.  I hated it- hated the hard ground, hated the public toilets and showers, hated the bugs, hated the hot tent and the lack of air conditioning. Camping simply wasn't my thing and I wasn't the least bit ashamed of wanting my creature comforts. Then I met ROM...


We both worked right  up to the day of the wedding, with little time to prepare, in fact I'm not even sure we're legally married. Back then blood tests were required and let's say perhaps the time frame for the blood tests certificates had ran out a few days ahead of the wedding, just saying maybe it could have happened that way.  We were married in the office of a minister.. . Very small affair, like bare bones. We weren't rolling in money, in fact we were piss poor. I was still paying of student loans, and neither of us had been very financially focused and frugal up to that time.

Some how we both arranged to get four days off work for our honeymoon. I was so in love and eager to spend four entire days with ROM, when he suggested we go camping I was all for it. Hell, I was so in love I probably would have agreed to spend our honeymoon at the city dump shooting rats. I forgot all about how much I hated camping. ROM made it sound so romantic- long nights in the woods beside a lake, with a camp fire burning as we made passionate love all night long.

It was a wonderful honeymoon and I treasure the memory of our four days in the woods. It was heaven. We went camping one more time after our honeymoon and then I remembered all the things I didn't like about camping.  I never went camping again, but our honeymoon in the woods, making love in front of the fire and sleeping in a tent will forever in my mind be the perfect four days of my life. And I love ROM today even more than I did 27 years ago.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary ROH & ROM ... go have some more Hot Monkey Sex ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect honeymoon! Have a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! And I agree with Bea - more Hot Monkey Sex!

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found your special guy! That's a cute story, and it's GREAT you still like each other 27 years later, you crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Mama and ROM! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the happy wishes. Here's to 27 more!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!