In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Hear Thunder!

For the past two afternoons I've heard thunder and saw rain on the radar within just a few miles from us.  We've gotten not even a drop. It gets close enough that I can even smell it, but after teasing me, at the last minute scoots around us. It's like being alone and having to listen to another couple have sex- and they're really enjoying it.  My entire yard looks like this-


With daily temps in the 90's and the UV index soaring to a 12 every afternoon, even the weeds have burned to a crisp.  The grey sand that passes for dirt in Florida coats everything with a coat of dull grey dust. What happened to my lushly landscaped tropical Florida? The only thing this weather is fit for is playing on the beach, in the pool or holed up in the house with the air conditioning blasting.

The only good thing about this weather is that I'm less likely to wander outside and get distracted from my work in the studio. I'm almost finished bedazzling my big ass lizard sculpture. I'm also working on a canvas collage using the treasures I found on the beach last weekend.. it's laid out and waiting for me to start:

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see that bedazzled gecko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He won't be bedazzled like the real housewives- he has no genitals-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROH - maybe you can bedazzle genitals on your gecko?! LOL

    Love your posts & pics!

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nohohousewife- I've never seen gecko genitals and have no idea where their "junk" is located or what it looks like-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I haven't seen their junk either! LOL

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  6. now I understand the gecko pics!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bea- We are hunting for a glimpse of gecko gentials

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!