In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Old Bodies, Young Bodies, and a Snowy Egret

It doesn't matter one's age, people just seem to be drawn to water and sandy beaches. On Anna Maria Island all ages enjoy the sugar white sand and warm Gulf water. I love to walk the beach and people watch...

Click each photo to see full size

An older gentleman enjoying a walk...

A young couple playing ping pong

And this little guy played for hours in a pool of water left on the beach as the high tide went out. Isn't he adorable?






 While on my walk I came across this snowy egret ...
 I followed her as she caught tiny fish

 When she grew tired of me following her, she flew to the top of the jetty.





I was impressed with her feet- looked like she'd just had a pedi.

There was a also a pair of Magnificent Frigatebirds that briefly soared over the beach but I didn't have my camera out- drats!  I enjoy watching them glide for hours over the water without flapping their wings.

Oh, how I love summer...

10 comments:

  1. Hey pretty lady! Glad you are enjoying your summer & sharing pics with us. I miss your great sense of humor! Stay well & have fun.;)

    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it doesn't look as if I'll get to the shore this summer, I just love that you share your pictures with us! Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tamara- I sure miss the fun times on Twitter but not the crazies-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bobbi! Sure hope you make the time to visit the shore at least once this summer.It's good for the soul ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet lady, good to read your blog. I miss talking to on twitter. Hopyou come back. I would love to come down to the shore. Ut it would have to be in the winter,I don't like the summer heat. I enjoy the pics you show us also.
    Talk to you soon. Take care sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. from ImaJillHater2:

    ROH, so, soooo glad you didn't abandon this blog. I enjoy it so much - the humor, the photos, the sweet take on life & being able to share in your & ROM's life in paradise.

    Thanks for sharing & please continue to do so. We luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiredofthis- You are so sweet! Thank you for such kind comments! I miss chatting with you all on Twitter, too. XOXOX ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imajillhater- Thank you so much for not forgetting me. My little personal blog doesn't have the drama like my real housewives blog, but then again we aren't really dramatic people-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little ones at the beach are absolutely darling ... until they start to cry. Oh wait, husbands are like that too though. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Useless Housewife- I thought that little boy was just adorable. He played in that pool of water for over an hour.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!