In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Sunday, June 5, 2011

When Real Life Meets Online Life

Last night Real Old Man and I were taking the dogs on a late walk and got to talking about my recent drama on Twitter. I was talking about how crazy some Twitter people are and so different than the people I've met through online artist groups. He reminded me that I've ran across a few crazies in artist groups and brought up the tata flasher...

Shortly after we moved to Florida, I met a local woman through an online artist group. She seemed quite normal... well, as normal as artists can be. She had kind of a cross between old hippie and old biker chick personality.  I went to a few exhibits with her, even visited her home one afternoon.  Then one rainy Sunday afternoon she called and asked if we would like to meet her and her husband at a local bar for a drink. We were bored and thought it sounded like fun so off we went to meet them. ROM had never met them but I assured him they were around our age and seemed quite nice.

When we got to the bar and joined them at their table it was obvious they'd been drinking for awhile, they were a bit tipsy but not falling down drunk or anything like that.  She and her husband sat on one side of the table and ROM and I sat across from them. We chatted and shared stories of how we each came to relocate from the midwest to Florida (they were from the same state we were from).

Then suddenly, for absolutely no reason, she yanked her sweater up and exposed her tatas! I kid you not! There she sat with her sweater pulled up, no bra on and her tatas out there for all the world to see. Actually they were very nice tatas, so nice I suspect they weren't real. All ROM could do was utter "Jezzuz Christ!" and give me a look like WTF? I was glancing around  to see if anyone else in the bar was looking at us- they were!  I burst out in nervous laughter and asked her if she was freaking crazy, she laughed, pulled her sweater down.... and then.... she popped her teeth out. Seriously- I swear on everything I hold dear this is the absolute truth. I had no idea she wore dentures until then.

We soon made our goodbyes and got the hell out of there, laughing hysterically all the way home.  ROM made it clear he never wanted to see that couple again and thankfully they moved from this area shortly after the up close encounter with her tatas. And to this day have no idea why she flashed her tatas and popped her teeth out other than she was bat shit crazy! 

And on that note I'll leave you with a picture of Isabella's gorgeous long eye lashes.... which have nothing at all to do with this story, but I have no photos of the tata flasher...   

16 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy to see a blog from you!! I miss you!! Did you EVER run into this nutty woman again? I think she might have been after ROM, wink-wink, i think she was advertising her toothless mouth...but whattttever! Crazzzzeee, that kinda crazy is funny! Hope you come back to twitter some day but seeing your blogs is great, thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You meet all of the choice characters.I am dying! If ROM had been open to another meeting there might have been a suggestion to swap keys? hahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you, but I love, love your writing. We have so many similar stories my hubby and I. One particular has to do with me taking my hair piece (just a clip on in ponytail) off while in a movie theater and then losing it when lights came on. Hubby found it and screamed "found it" and held it up...children screamed and we got the side eye look. Don't know why i'm telling you this Hah! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha! OMG! First the tatas...and then the teeth!!! I'm LMAO in tears. LOLOLOLOL

    Love your stories! So very glad you're still sharing some of them with us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAOOOOOO, I can't stop LOL. Please thank ROM for reminding you of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.M.G.!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


    xoxo
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreemz- I never saw her in person again. She called several times but I didn't pick up and didn't return her calls. We did exchange a few e-mails but shortly after the tata/teeth incident they moved from the area, thank ya jezzuz! LOL I still don't know why she suddenly flashed her tatas- evidently she was drunker than I realized. And popping her teeth out? Just icing on the cake I guess-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mackie- Yes, I've met more than my share of unusual characters. They seem to be drawn to me- wonder what that says about me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous- OMG- you had me laughing out loud with the hair piece story! I can just picture the kids screaming as your husband held up your pony tail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Need a Hobby- Such a pity she followed up with popping her teeth out. She really had impressive tatas but popping the teeth out ruined the look-LOL! She should have quit while she was ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bea- Yes, I had completely forgoten about that incident until ROM reminded me. Obviously it made more of an impression on him than it did me-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eve- I guess there are crazy people lurking in all areas of the internet, not just on Twitter-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you not only for the giggles, but now I know that I'm not the only one that has freaks rip their clothes off without an invitation! LOL
    Miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reality_Buzz- Thanks so much for stopping by, I miss you all on Twitter, too. So you've had a similar experience? Do tell!!!! We'd love to hear the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG that's too funny! Maybe your friend was trying to show her tatas off to you! LOL!

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nohohousewife- LOL... I guess the tata baring, denture popping incident will be a mystery I'll never know the answer to, or understand-LOL

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!