In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Okay, I Lied...

In my last entry I said I would be quicker to post this past weekend's pictures. I lied. Here it is Thursday and I'm just getting around to posting. The past few weeks I seem to always be busy but I'm accomplishing very little. I think my ADD is out of control. I jump from thing to thing, not finishing anything before I get  distracted and go off in another direction. I can't even complete a conversation without losing my train of thought. To add to the confusion and chaos, Real Old Man is practically brain dead from putting in so many hours at work in the past few weeks. For example, here's one of our recent exchanges....

ROM: Don't cook tomorrow night because I don't know what time I'll get home.

Me: Okay. Do you want to stop on your way home and pick up a roasted chicken at....... shit, what's the name of that place?

ROM:I know the place you mean but I can't think of the name either.

Me: I keep wanting to say Arby's but I know that's not it.

ROM: I think it does start with an A

Me: It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember.

....Long pause.....

ROM: Basil's! That's the name!

Me: Yes! That's it. Why'd you say it started with an A?

ROM: I don't know. What do you want from Arby's?

Me: I don't want anything from Arby's! Chicken from Basil's- quick, write it down before we forget again.


And that's pretty much what it's been like around here recently. I did finally finish the big ass gecko but now have no idea where to put it. It's so big I think it will have to be hung on a wall. For now it's taking up the entire dining room table.


And now I'm back to work on two old sculpts I started some time ago. The one sculpted on the gourd will be a Lady of the Sea holding a fish net of shells. And the little one behind her will be a tall skinny naked old lady to go with my short chubby one in the header at the top of the page. Oh, and I'm sculpting a woman's head on the flower pot. So far all it has is the armature for the neck that's attached to the pot.

When we went to the beach last weekend, I took my Flip video camera and tripod. My intention was to set it up and just let it record, hoping to get something interesting. Well, I forgot the thingy that goes on the top of the tripod to attach the camera. So I just did a few minutes of panning the area- it's jerky and evidently I had my hand over the mic causing a whooshing sound. But if you want to see the videos you can see them on my You Tube channel. I'd thought about going to the other end of the the island and filming the area where they're digging for a body, but I thought that might be depressing.

And now the photos...


This couple were both smoking cigars...





I'm not going to lie to you again and say next week's photos will be posted early. They might, but then again, they might not-LOL

4 comments:

  1. I love you and your blog. I wish you blogged everyday or at least put up some pictures. Whether it's photos, a funny story, or a summary of your day, I always leave your blog with a smile on my face. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok another sign of getting on in years confession, took me quite a while to figure out that was a wagon/cart next to those people on the beach NOT some type of robot. LOL at self! As we in Texas are forgetting what water even looks like, any pictures, early or late, are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished the gecko & I love it! The colors are beautiful - nice job, ROH!
    You're not the only one who forgets what they're saying in the middle of a sentence either!
    Have a great day and I'll look for last weekend's photos next week?! LOL!

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I love the convo between ROM & U

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!