In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Remember all my whining...

... about needing rain? I showed you pictures of my crispy brown parched lawn and bitched about getting no rain in June. I even tweeted that if we didn't get rain by July 1st I was going to do my naked rain dance, video tape it and put it on You Tube. That must have scared the bejezzuz out of Mother Nature because it rained June 30th... and we've been cloud covered with intermittent storms moving in and out of the area ever since. I didn't give my threat of dancing naked enough thought before uttering it. I wish I could take it back now.

While lamenting about my dead lawn, I didn't think about how miserable Isabella would be with the combination of daily storms and days on end of fireworks (it's now July 7th and assholes are still setting them off). I also forgot that the first of July was the week ROM was taking off work with big plans of spending days on the beach and evenings on the pier. We have squeezed in an evening on the pier, but the one day we did venture to the beach, it clouded up and we had to rush home to medicate the dog. Look at those sad eyes gazing out the door...



Now I want to take back my threat of dancing naked. In fact, if Mother Nature would replace the clouds with sunshine for the next three days, I promise to never ever dance naked again. Cross my heart hope to die, stick a needle in my eye- no naked dancing ever again.

During one of the brief sunny times we've had this week, I noticed the geckos all coming out from where ever they go when it rains, to soak up some rays..


And this cheeky little guy was flirting with me by showing off his dewlap...



  
In spite of the gloomy weather, we have been treated to some vivid and spectacular sunsets though seen from the porch on the west side of our house rather than on the beach...


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor pup! *doggie hugs*

    I just love the pics of the sunsets that you post. I'm so jealous! One of these days, I will live close to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL pictures! Poor Isabella hope she's better soon, maybe time for some doggie Xanax?! :)

    Hope the weather gets better!

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm never thought of dancing naked to ask for rain but may need to consider, we are scarily parched. Nah, wouldn't dare mother nature with that sight. lol Hugs to Isabella from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best blog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAOOOOO!! Mother Nature did not take your threat lightly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tuzentswurth! I think digital cameras are one of the coolest things ever invented. No more drawers filled with rolls of film I hadn't gotten around to having developed.

    Mz. Chick- Summers aren't a good time for Bella. Florida has to be the worse place on earth to live for a dog with storm phobia.

    Nohohousewife- daily storms are just a part Florida summers. I heard on the local news last night that we are finally out of the drought index. So rain is good, even if I do whine about it.

    Baca- I'll think hard and long before I threaten Mother Nature with naked dancing again. Next time she might send me a hurricane to put an end to naked dancing once and for all.

    Anonymous- thank you!

    Bea- she certainly didn't! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!