In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, July 21, 2011

So Late With Weekend Photos!


This poor blog gets so neglected, shame on me. Here it is almost the weekend and I still hadn't posted last weekends photos. When I retired, I was afraid I'd be so bored and not know what to do with my time. Instead, I've found just the opposite- there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do. So without further ado, here are the photos from last weekend...


After an early day rain, the weather was gorgeous for the beach.


In case you didn't know, I'm a people watcher and love getting candid photos of people as enjoy their time on the beach...


I love these next two photos...

I'm assuming they are grandmother and grand daughter. Their love for each other was so plain to see as they sat and quietly chatted. I took these two photos in particular for Lindsey, and she knows why;)


Found three sea turtle nests. Looks like something got into the first one. I have no idea if there are any eggs still in it...


Hopefully we'll have nice beach weather for the coming weekend. I will be sure to get my photos up quicker next week... that's the plan anyway...

11 comments:

  1. wonder how they know when and where to set up the sticks and tape for the turtle nest? it looks so beautiful there...I'm jealous ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tegan- they have volunteers that walk the beaches at sun up and look for tracks left by the mama turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for capturing the grandmother-granddaughter chat. As one, that is truly the epitome of nirvana for my soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROH - after i got off the computer and thought back about the turtles, it dawned on me that they would at least leave tracks in the sand. and that the people you mentioned would find them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you this week! Love the photos especially the one of the grandma & grand daughter. Have a great weekend!

    ~Nohohousewife

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tegan- I had wondered the same thing until I read an article about it in the Island newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baca- those photos touched my heart and made me wish so badly I had a grand daughter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nohohousewife Thanks Noho! One of my favorite photos I've taken this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, your personal blog here is like an oasis. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tuzentswurth! I was so surprised by the emails I got when I shut down both my blogs for awhile. I got more emails from people asking me to open this one back up than I did my Real Housewives blog. I didn't think that many people read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl.. you are too cool for school! You pics and rhetoric cracks me up! SHMOOCHES!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!