In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthday Weekend...

I may not be Teresa Giudice or Bethenny Franklin, but I do have some great recipes. No, they won't make you skinny and they aren't all that healthy, but damn, they sure do taste good.  Most of my cooking reflects my midwest roots- meat, potatoes, gravies and veggies. On the other hand, my baking is not so good. I can follow a recipe to the letter and still end up with crusts that are anything but flaky and cookies that look like flat cow patties. But I do have a few fail proof recipes that always turn out great. One of those recipes is Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake that Real Old Man always requests for his birthday.  


Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake

Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 box chocolate jell-o instant pudding
4 eggs
1/3 C. oil
1/3 C water
8 oz. sour cream
12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix everything together in bowl. Add and mix in chocolate chips last. Put in greased bundt pan and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool, then place on cake plate and dust with confectioners sugar.



Real Old Man and Isabella have their birthdays in the same week. Of course Bella couldn't share the chocolate cake ( we all know dogs can't eat chocolate) so I had to make her favorite doggy cake...

Isabella's Favorite Cake
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 C. quick oats
2 eggs
3 tbs. minced garlic
4 oz. Parmesan cheese
2 tbs. oil
1/2 C water

Mix everything well, then place in oblong dish or pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
After it cools, cut into bars and place in storage bags. Refrigerate or freeze.

Both the humans and dogs are happy to have their favorite dessert to snack on this week...

2 comments:

  1. from ImaJillHater2 -

    Hey ROH, glad to see you're still doing the ISOP blog! (I really enjoy it). The bundt cake looks great. And its very sweet you made a treat for Isabella's bday. Everytime it thunders up here in NYC I think of poor Bella 'cause I'm a scaredy cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was skimming your posts and saw the recipes and was so excited!! Loved the dessert.. then saw that pyrex dish of HOLY CHIT!! I was wondering if that was some kind of Floridian or hut food. I finally had to go back up and read and realized it was for the DOGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!