In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sunsets and Lightning!

I had stopped taking sunset photos when I was sick, but I'm much better now and want to get back in the habit of taking the time each day to watch the evening show. It's so easy to get busy, completely missing the beauty around us each day, and that's a damn shame.  This was Monday's sunset...
(All photos enlarge to full size when clicked)



Later Monday night, I was out with the dogs and saw lightning to the north of us. I was lucky to get this quick photo. One of these days I'm going to learn how to use the manual settings on my camera, set up the tripod and try to get some great lightning photos. This was quickly taken using the automatic setting...



This was last night's sunset. We had heavy cloud cover and didn't think there would be anything to see, but at the last minute before the sky went completely dark, a blaze of blues, pinks and white lit up the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me!