In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Saturday, September 3, 2011

Beach, Dolphins and Real Old Man

Real Old Man took some time off work so we spent some time at the beach the last couple of days. Sunday and Monday the beach will be taken over by tourists and locals who only go to the beach on holidays.


Though it was sunny on the beach today, there were a lot of clouds to the west from Tropical Storm Lee. Poor New Orleans is taking the brunt of this storm and flooding from all the rain. Damn, hasn't that city had enough? Thankfully all we've gotten from Lee is rough water.


Friday I caught this photo of some dolphins- not a great photo because the water was rough and I was trying to keep my balance as I took it.


Even though the water was rough, there were a lot empty chairs because it was too frigging hot not to be in the water.



Real Old Man playing with his new camera. If you haven't already done so, check out his photo blog. He's taken some amazing photos.


Me hoping that wave doesn't knock me over

I haven't had any sunset photos the past couple of nights. The clouds from TS Lee has blocked any view of a sunset. Hope everyone is getting out and enjoying their holiday weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you document these fun moments for us! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!