In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Monday, September 12, 2011

Take That You Fiery Bitch!

I went out last night for the sunset but the western sky was very unremarkable- not much color at all. Then I looked to the eastern sky and wow! The moonrise was putting on the show of the night. My camera didn't really capture how intense the color was and the color was spread so wide I couldn't get it all in one frame. To the south east it was a broad brush stroke of a rich coral/pink shade, but the trees blocked a full view of it. 

I was curious as to why occasionally the moon rise colors the sky so I Goggled it, but couldn't find an explanation. Lots of info on what gives sunsets their color but nothing about moonrise sky colors. Being the curious creature I am, I'll keep searching for an answer. Be sure and click the photos to see the full size versions. It was such a beautiful evening...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me!