In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Saturday, November 12, 2011

Why Men Were Designed in Such a Peculiar Way...

I was just chatting with Ima and she mentioned that her Mr.Man could never find things, and she was constantly having to find items for him. It seems to be a common male trait. They can be looking into a drawer, staring at the thing they're trying find and not see it. How many times has your man asked you where something is, you tell him where it is and he says he already looked there. You walk over to where you told him to look and sure enough- there it is. Maybe you have one of those unusual men than can find things without assistance, but there are plenty that can't.


I don't know if men are missing a finders gene or what the hell their problem is, but it seems to be a common defect in men. One day long ago I was pondering another oddity about men (I ponder the mysteries of life often). On this pondering occasion I found myself wondering why men's junk hang on the outside of their bodies and suddenly the answer occurred to me-  they'd never find their genitals if they were neatly tucked away like ours! Anyway, I just thought I'd pass this bit of knowledge on in case any of you have pondered these same things.

10 comments:

  1. OMG too funny and so true LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't laughing! You are so right, I thought I was the only one who thought that!! Thanks for the laugh - you made my day!

    ~NoHoHousewife

    ReplyDelete
  3. from ImaJillHater2 -

    ROH, can always count on you for a laugh!!! Funny! Funny!! FUNNY!!!

    Luv you, luv your blog! Keep it comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosanne Barr had this to say (paraphrased, of course): women have a uterine tracking device, so men have to rely on us to find things.

    I truly believe it is genetic. That y chromosome somehow blocks their ability to locate things not in their hands or attached to their bodies. So you're probably right: their package is where even they can't misplace it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sorry, forgot to sign last post as me, WhiteTrashGal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found this in an email to me today, so of course had to send it directly to you! ;O
    http://dev1.inforum.com/event/article/id/340702/
    Hope it works, hilarious.
    Baca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tired- It seems like a reasonable explanation to me-LOL

    NoHoHousewife- I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out.

    ImaJillHater2- I always felt kind of bad for men with their stuff all hanging out. Then I figured it out it was for their own good and it's one less things we women have to find for them

    WhiteTrashGal- Yes, their design is absolutely necessary. Can you imagine if they were out alone, needed to pee and had to ask strangers to help them find their thingie?

    Baca- for some reason Blogger doesn't post active links. I tried pasting it in my browser and got an error mesage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This entry really should be posted onto Twitter....

    lori024

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi ROH, ut oh. The link is about gnomes, ha, so I will send to you through cookbook email. Hopefully you'll be able to see it.
    Baca

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I want for Christmas is for you to update this blog with more of your witty writing and humorous stories. Please????

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!