In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Aftermath...


It was predicted that our temperature would drop to 28 last night but I haven't heard if it actually got that cold. The weather people suggested we turn our xmas lights on if we still had them up, so I did as they suggested but it doesn't look like it helped my poinsettias. Between the wind and the cold, they really took a beating.



The sweet potato vines that were so lush and healthy are looking quite limp and sickly today. After all threat of extreme cold spells are over for the winter I'll cut them back and hopefully they'll regrow.


The wind blew over some of my pots leaving a mess. This poor plant has already been safely placed in a new pot and hopefully will be fine.
We have one more night of cold temps and then we are supposed to warm back up. And I'm more than ready to get out of these sweatshirts, flannel pants, socks and real shoes. By Friday I should be back in my normal winter attire- capris and flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me!