In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Big Gecko

Tammi ( @tammibphd on Twitter) and I were talking art the other day and she asked to see photos of my Big Gecko. Tammi is a friend of Camille Grammer's and I met her on Twitter when she was chatting with Camille and @MalibuEve. It's easier to post photos here than on TwitPic one at a time. For some reason, the gecko is very hard to photograph and show all the texture and colors. If his tail was straightened out he'd be about 6 ft. long, with his tail curled I think he's about 4 ft. He was sculpted with air dry clay and Rigid Wrap over a wire armature, then skinned with multiple layers of mulberry tissue paper which also provided his color. His embellishments are vintage copper jewelry findings, copper and turquoise beads. Be sure to visit Tammi's art gallery to see her gorgeous mandalas. She does beautiful art work.

Click Photos To See Full Size






4 comments:

  1. How pretty! Very talented! I can't hardly draw a stick figure! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize you were a serious artist. That gecko is gorgeous. Do you have an online shop were we can buy your art? I'd love to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thabnks everyone for the kind comments about Big Gecko. No, I don't have an online shop. I've only sold locally.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!