In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, May 17, 2012

We've Been As Dry As ...

...I was going to say as dry as the vaginas around our community pool but decided that was in poor taste. I should only talk about my own vagina and not presume to comment on the condition of someone else's vagina. I'll just say we've been as dry as my vagina. Thank ya jezzuz for lady part moisturizers. Anyway, we really need rain.  I don't think it's inches of rain we're behind on now, I think the weather people are now measuring our deficit in feet. Every day rain will come within a few miles of us and veer away. Yesterday the rain was practically knocking on our east door. So close Isabella had the vapors and demanded her Xanax. 


But no rain for us yesterday. This is as close as it came.


Today's radar looked much as it has for days. Approaching rain splitting apart just before reaching us. Again, close enough for Isabella to take to the wall and begin to drool until she got her Xanax, but no rain for us.





Finally this afternoon the skies darkened and when I went out to look I saw this to the..


South


East



North



West

We were surrounded by storms, surely we'd get some rain from this mess. And when I went inside Bella was back at her wall doing some serious shaking- time for another dose of Xanax. Within an hour, the sky opened up and dumped some serious rain. Didn't rain that long, but I'm sure the rain barrel  got filled. We'll take what we can get. After the storm passed, Isabella ate a huge supper and crashed to catch up on all the sleep she lost today. Instead of napping most of the day as she usually does, she was frantically holding up the wall and praying the sky wouldn't fall in on her. Must be exhausting. Bless her heart...


7 comments:

  1. Only you could write a blog about something as boring as rain and make it so damn funny. You should have your own tv show I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Bella. Has she ever had to go through a hurricane? You're too funny ROH talking about your vagina. Love it- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Astroglide but my best friend swears by Liquid Silk. Hey, I saw you tweeting with that Dedra girl about makeovers for women over 60 and she said she'd write something about it. Would you put a link up here after she sends it to you? Twitter goes so fast I miss a lot of things and can't spend every minute of the day on there like so many seem to do.

    Glad you got some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! Poor Bella gets "the vapors" and has to take Xanax! LOL. I agree with anonymous #1. You need your own show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous 1- Thank you! I fear any show wih me would have a lot of boring dead time when all I'm doing is sitting on the lanai reading or in the atudio sculpting. Trust me, neiter of those activities would be the least bit interesting to anyone.

    Anonymous 2- No, fortunately Isabella naver has experienced a hurricane. We went thru the outer bands of a few in 2004 and I can't imagine Issy getting thru it without a whole lot of Xanax.

    Anonymous 3- Maybe we shoud do an entry comparing the pros and cons of various lubes-LOL And yes, I'll be sure and post the link to any info Dedra sends me.

    Hey Cyn! Poor Bella and her endless fears-LOL I had hoped she get stabler with age, but I think this is a good as she's going to get. As for my own show- my real life doesn't have near enough drama to do a show. My only drama is on Twitter-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind anonymous comments, I know it's easier to comment if you don't have to sign in with an I.D. but it would make it easier for me to reply if you gave yourself nicknames at the end of your comment. I tend to get all the anonymouses confused

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Isabella, she looks wrecked

    love you, ROH!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!