In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Friday, May 11, 2012

It Started With A Banana Peel...


Yesterday after I had taken the trash out, I ate a banana. I hate the smell of banana peels in the garbage and realized the peel was going to be in the trashcan until the next day when I emptied it again. I solved the problem by putting the peel in a Ziploc bag and left it on the counter so I could add ROM's peel after he had his banana.

So that afternoon when he got home from work he asked me why I had a baggie sitting there with a banana peel in it and this is how it went:

Me: So I can plant them and grow bananas

ROM: Wow, I didn't know that was how banana plants were started. So now we can have homegrown bananas?

Me: Yes, I read an article online today about how to do it.

ROM: Cool!

Then I got busy watering the plants outside and forgot about it until I came in... and sure enough, ROM had dutifully added his banana peel to the baggie. I absolutely cracked up. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even answer him when he asked me what was so funny. I finally choked out a two word response - "banana peel!". And I kept laughing as he stood there looking puzzled as to why banana peels would make me laugh so hard. When I finally got my laughter under control and told him I couldn't believe he fell for my story about growing bananas from peels. His only response was "You ass! I can't believe I still fall for your bullshit!". My only regret is that I didn't have him dig holes to put the banana peels in, have him water them every day and then watched him waiting for them to grow.

11 comments:

  1. OMG! I am LMAO over this. It's so something I would do. You absolutely should have had him plant in dirt when you were watering. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fucking funny as all get outta the ziploc baggie! ROTFLMAO!! Keeps the humor in your marriage and you'll both keep laughing:) Cute post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman, you are hilarious. The shit you think up is too damn funny. You would be a riot to live with and I bet its stuff like this that makes your ROM love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the joys of having an old man in your life....

    I may use this one. =D

    WhiteTrashGal

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best laugh I've had all week. Old lady, you're wickedly evil and I love it. My parents are a bit younger than you but they don't have half your spunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've now made it a rule to go pee before I read your blogs. I am so going to do this to my husband and have even written bananas on my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO! Score 1 for team ROH. Fabulous wit you have lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS for the laugh ROH!!! You are SO freakin' funny!!! I always read your posts sloooowly so I savor the humor & make it last as long as possible!!! I can't stop laughing!!!

    - ImaJillHater2

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is priceless! I was laughing so loud hubby wanted to know what was so funny. I didn't tell him in case I want to pull this on him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAOOOO!!! Poor ROM! he should know you better by now but I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the. best. story. ever!

    back in the day, when the boys were all still playing little league ball, for some reason Danny told me why airplanes couldn't fly through rainbows. it was very detailed, and being the gullible thing that i am, i bought it - hook line and sinker. THEN proceeded to explain to everyone who would listen what rainbows did to a plane's telemetry...and the tie in between that and the bermuda triangle. months later, i found out it was all a line of irish b.s. and that i had made a royal fool out of myself by repeating it lol.

    i should have known....once upon a time, he asked if i wanted irish sausage for breakfast, (in my younger days) thinking it was a favorite of his, and not knowing any better, i asked every butcher at every grocery store in town, if they carried it...and couldn't understand why they were choking back their laughter when they answered me....

    now, every time he tells me anything, i'm compelled to ask "is this a rainbow story?" and even when he says no...i don't believe it for a minute!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!