In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Beach Baby, Beach Baby Give Me Your Hand...

...  give me somethin' that I can remember." Remember that old song? It came to mind when I watched these two old lovers walk out into the Gulf and back to shore again hand in hand every step of the way. By the look on his face it was clear that he sees the same girl he fell in love with many years ago. Doesn't your heart melt at the sight of old lovers? 



It was a perfect beach day...

The water was so calm...


A young woman lost in thought as she watched the slow, soft waves come in to gently lap at the shoreline


 A snowy egret put on a show dancing in the water...


For some it was a lazy Sunday to bask in the sun...


Lots of new sea turtle nests. Looks like this season is going to set record numbers  for sea turtle nesting which is fabulous news. 


While strolling the beach I found this barnacle encrusted shell. When I picked it up a long clawed hermit crab (different species than the hermit crabs you can buy in pet stores) crawled half way out. Of course by the time I got my camera from my bag he had retreated back into the shell.


    I waited and waited, but he would only peek out...



So I gave up and threw him back in water to carry on with his life. I found this photo of a long clawed crab on Google. I have no idea who is the photographer so can't give the person credit.  


And that was my Sunday at the beach. Life is good!

3 comments:

  1. You're making me crave the beach, ROH! We're not going until the end of the summer this year so I'll live through your pictures until then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that song. I remember listening to it on my transistor radio in 6th grade! Top 10 on the AM/FM stations. LOL. Damn I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie- You can't get to the beach just for a weekend before then? How far are you from the beach?

    Cyn- I know! Seems just like yesterday. There are some great old summer songs.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!