In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Party On The River & A Missed Anniversary

Last weekend we didn't make it to the island but we did go to a party at Tarpon Point Grill & Bar on the Manatee River last Saturday night. It was a going away party for a guy ROM works with who recently got married and is moving to England. Of course the subject of marriage came up in conversation and someone asked ROM how long we had been married. Imagine my mortification when ROM said our 28th anniversary had been the day before- I'd completely forgot it- damn! 


I'm so awful about not remembering dates. A couple of times I've actually forgotten my own birthday until someone calls to tell me happy birthday. He reminded me that he had told me weeks ago he was taking our anniversary off so we could spend the day on the beach, but some how it had slipped my mind when the day arrived. In my defense, it's not unusual for him to take a Sunday or Monday off so we can spend 3-day weekends together. Okay, I know that's no excuse but it's the best one I have. When I asked him why he hadn't said anything on the day of our anniversary and he said he waited to see if I would remember- the bastard got me! But I had a quick come back... I said since he had remembered it I wanted to know where in the hell was my anniversary gift! And he no answer for that-LOL But honestly just having a husband that still loves me enough after 28 years to want to spend time with me is gift enough. 


The Tarpon Point Grill is really a cool place right on the bank of the river.  It consists of three open sided tiki huts and another hut where the band plays. The menu is pretty basic but good- burgers, steaks and seafood. I think people come here not so much for the food but more for the party atmosphere. It is a fun place to party! And it's a great place for sunsets- look at the picture I got of the sun setting on the river. 



Here are some photos of the huts and seating in the beach area.





I've started writing the story about when ROM shot me, but it's far from done. Hopefully I'll get motivated this week to finish it, but as you all know I'm the queen of procrastination ...


3 comments:

  1. love your blog! Keep up the good work! :) luv AsianPosh xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated 28th Anniversary, ROH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Take advantage of your computer, ROH, and set up a reminder for yourself! LOL! At least you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!