In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sunset and Moonrise on The Beach...

As beautiful as the sunny days are on Anna Maria Island beaches, the evenings are truly stunning as the sun begins to set. Saturday night Mother Nature put on an amazing show. I have no idea why Blogger sometimes loads photos sideways or how to fix it. 








As the sun said goodnight and dropped below the western horizon, in the eastern sky the moon was rising...


And here is a short video of the evening's sunset...


7 comments:

  1. Stunning. Thank you for sharing.
    Elle_goblue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics. I know what you mean about blogger. The editing functions are really limited. That sideways thing happened to an entire blog of mine. i could not right them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are gorgeous, ROH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Just like your Mumu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your blog for awhile. Funny lady and you take great photos. I'm a professional photographer and had to speak up that it drives me nuts you don't watermark your photos and protect your work. I guarantee if you don't they are going to be taken and claimed by someone else. By the way, what kind of camera do you use? You have a good eye and get some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elle- Glad you enjoyed them!

    Cyn- That's the one complaint I have of Blogger, the damn sideways pics and no way of fixing it.

    Bea- I would love to get you, Bobbi and Ima down here for a visit. We could have cocktails on the beach and watch the sunset together. And then go out bar hopping raising hell-LOL

    Anon- I've never worn a mumu on the beach-LOL

    Anon 2 - Thanks!

    Anon 3- I have no idea what a watermark is or how to do it. But I will do a search on it and find some info. Thank you for your advice and kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!