In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Sunday, June 3, 2012

We Made The Weekend Our Bitch!


And what a sweet bitch she was. This weekend was one of those times that makes you oh so glad just to be alive... perfect weather and not a thing that had to be done other than just enjoy the moment. 

We weren't the only ones  enjoying the weekend- boaters were out...



Swimmers enjoyed the warm water...



Frisbee games were played...


Kids zipped up and down the beach on skim boards...


Little girls shared secrets like girlfriends of any age do...



People took photos of each other to remember their day on the beach together...




And I walked and walked until I came to a collapsed jetty. I can't remember if it happened last year or the year before, but this is why they all are marked with "Stay Off". You just never know when something man made will lose the fight against the sea. Eventually the sea wins, always and without fail.





This little gull was feeling like king of the world sitting up there all alone...



That is until a snowy egret swooped in to claim the top spot...




And within the blink of an eye, there was a new king of the world.




After a few minutes the snowy egret abdicated the throne and it sat empty waiting for the next new bird in town to show off and stake a claim at the top




And then there was this...

At first I was worried he had drowned during high tide and just became visible as the tide had gone out.  I watched him and couldn't even see him breath. He was motionless...




But then he slightly lifted his head so I knew he was alive. What I really wanted to know was how he was going to get back up. I think it would have taken a crane to get me up if I had l been in that position for any length of time.

This was only part of our weekend in the beach. I have sunset photos and videos from Saturday night that I haven't edited yet... maybe tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. I was happy to see you had blogged and put up more pictures tonight. I always look forword to getting a peek at your weekends. All your pictures were like beautiful postcards until the last ones. I burst out laughing and woke my dog up. You always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beached whale still makes me giggle ;-D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous & Bea, It was quite a sight to behold-LOL

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!