In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Day On St. Armand's Circle

Real Old Man took this past week off work so we've been doing some of our favorite things- hanging at the beach, going out to eat and shopping.  One of our favorite places to shop is St. Armand's Circle. Love the art galleries, clothing boutiques, jewelry stores and restaurants.  The lush tropical landscaping and amazing statues make St. Armand's such a beautiful and unique place to shop. 

Yesterday, after making sure ROM had plenty of cash and our bank cards on him  we headed out to do some serious shopping at St. Armand's. Others may say they are visiting St. Armand's, but I have the photos to prove it-LOL (That's a joke for some of my friends on Twitter). 






And look @SweeetBea - the Columbia Restaurant! See, we were spelling it right all along! I had recently offered to take a Twitter "acquaintance" to eat here but she turned me down.  



We decided to eat at the Crab and Fin, one of our favorite places. The outdoor seating area is deeply shaded, and with the over head fans it was cool and comfortable even during the heat of the day. 



Such a lovely little place- even had a piano player providing pleasant background music as we dined, chatted and people watched.





Nothing better on a hot day than a plate of chilled sweet and delicious fresh shrimp.

And what should we see drive by as we were eating? The Ritz Carlton bus! The Twitter "acquaintance" I mentioned earlier said she was staying there on her recent visit to St. Armand's. I waved just in case she was on the bus, 'cause I'm friendly like that dontcha' know?   


One of my purchases was the outfit in the middle of the first photo and also two new mumus. You know I love my mumus!





And now I'm sitting here at home all comfy in the red mumu while enjoying some homemade ice cream ROM made this week. Life is good...

6 comments:

  1. TFF! Damn, you're so funny old lady. Such a pity she didn't take you up on your dinner offer.

    Love your new mumus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!! :) AsianPosh xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw what went down on the twitter last night. Why do the bravo shows attract such horrible people? Your too nice a person for all this nastiness. Just delete that other blog and to hades with all those tweet people. It's gotten so bad I rarely even bother to tweet anymore and have lost interest in the bravo shows. It seems to bring out the devil in the women on the shows and the women who watch them.

    I love this blog and wish you wrote here more often. Its always such a treat for me when I see you have written a new blog. I always make myself a cup of tea and settle in to read and look at your pictures. God bless you, Roh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm over Twitter and RH shows so I will probably be blogging here much more often. Time to get back to real life and spending more time in the studio :)

      Delete

Talk To Me!