In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Monday, July 16, 2012

The Sky Is Falling!

After yesterday's rain finally ended I got Boney Maroney Isabella to eat. Remember that old song- "I got a girl name of Boney Maroney. She's as skinny as a stick of macaroni"?  Nah, you're probably too young. Anyway, Isabella is never a good eater- just not all that interested in food, but during the summer rainy season it's hard to get her to eat anything. So I went to bed about 4 a.m. feeling good that she'd eaten, but awoke at 8 a.m. with her shaking the bed. Ugh... the storms were on their way back and Bella was shaking like she was coming off crack.  Not sure how she knows- if she feels the barometer pressure falling, fronts moving in or what- but she usually knows several hours before a storm arrives. Whatever set her off, it was hopeless trying to go back to sleep when the bed was shaking like a souped up magic fingers vibrating motel mattress (you're probably too young to remember those, too).

I jumped up, hurriedly got dressed and got the dogs out for their morning potty before it started raining. Actually the sun was out but I could see clouds starting to form. It didn't start raining until about 10, damn dog- we could have slept another couple hours before she had to get her freak on! Oh, and that food I felt so good about her eating? Evidently as soon as I had gone to sleep she went into the living room and threw it up- on the couch. Thank gawd I keep the furniture covered with quilts. 

From about 10 this morning, this is how our skies look-


I noticed we've gotten so much rain lately we now have mushrooms popping up in our yards. These were in the neighbor's yard.


Emmy doesn't care about no stinking rain. Oh hell no! And thunder? She barks at it. She has better things to worry about today... like how quickly can she kill and disembowel her new toy. She doesn't even have time to pose for photos-





And this is why there are seldom pictures of Emmy to show- her photos are always a blur of motion.

9 comments:

  1. Hello sweet lady! I miss you on twitter and hope you come back soon. Its just not the same without you and its not just me. Many of your friends miss you. Poor Isabella. I hope she gets some sunny rainless days soon. Your Emmy sounds like quite a character and she's so cute. Love you ROH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anom- Thanks for the kinds words and for stopping by. I miss y'all too. I think it's going to be a long summer for Isabella which means little sleep for me. Emmy is a hoot- she keeps us laughing.

      Delete
  2. The pics of blurry Emmy is hysterical! LOL

    Once I thought I wanted a JR but you have completely changed my mind..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Ima, a JRT is not for you. You would hate it. They need lots of attention and training- without it they don't do well. Emmy even twitches in her sleep- that little body is never still. And for gawd's sake don't get a male if you do- With Mr. Man's insistance on males keeping their testicles (I need to talk to your Mr.) you'd be getting a lot more calls about your dog's sperm than your getting now with your randy Golden.

      Delete
    2. LOL, Ima and her horny dog!!

      Delete
  3. Miss you my seashelling buddy!!! :) Hope you come bck to Twitterville!!! <3<3<3 ASIANPOSH1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Poshie! Miss you too! I just got our latest collection of shells washed and then had nothing to put them in- every thing is already filled with shells. Told ROM that we can not bring anymore shells home until we get new things to put them in.

      Delete
    2. You better pick up each treasure in your path!!! I am so jealous!! :) By the way you have a huge heart! #truth Love ya ROH! AsianPosh1

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!