In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, August 9, 2012

ROH Real HouseCanines Drama!

While I was in my studio room doodling an evil eye design, a power struggle went on beneath my work table. 



Though there are several dog beds in both the computer and studio room, Emmy and Isabella always want the same one. The preferred bed in the studio is the one under my work table.  When I prepare to settle into the studio to work, the dogs race in trying to be the first to claim the coveted bed. Today Isabella won the race and the power struggle began...

Emmy: I'm going to stare at you until you get up and give me the bed.
Isabella doesn't seem to care.





So Emmy tries some of her other tricks. She looks at the door and barks as if something exciting is going on outside.
Emmy: Psst.. Bella! It's the UPS truck! Go get 'em, big girl!





Bella almost falls for it but at the last minute decides Emmy is just messing with her.
Isabella: You're a big fat liar, Emmy.



Emmy: I hate you and I'm going to stare at you again- so there!




Isabella: Quit looking at me!




So Bella gives her the back treatment and resumes her napping.




The garbage truck comes down the street and they both tear out of the room to bark their fool heads off.




But Isabella beats Emmy back to the bed once again.




And like before, she turns her back on Emmy's stare. Emmy can't believe she lost out on the bed this time, too.


Stares and distraction haven't worked so Emmy tries insults.

Emmy: Damn bitch, your ass stinks! Go take a bath, you stanky ho!




Emmy: And I'm going to open a Twitter account and tell everyone your ass stinks. I might even start a blog.

This went on for hours until ROM came home and they both took off to compete for his attention...  I have just as much conflict going on with my own real housecanine drama queens as Bravo does with their human ones.







7 comments:

  1. LOL!! The drama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats funny!!! Stinky ass & all!!! :) Glad youre back! AsianPosh1

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLYour drama is much more fun!
    tiredofthis

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bitches fight like Twitter peeps-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love w/ur dogs! Love love love ur story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Thanks for the laughs! Mr Bobbi & Yogi loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!