In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Monday, August 27, 2012

The Hurricane That Never Arrived-

We were all set for a hurricane- supplies gathered, plants moved in, lanai furniture turned over, drugs for Isabella, beer for Real Old Man and weed for me. I even shaved my legs and plucked my chin hair. I sure as hell didn't want my body in some make shift morgue with leg stubble showing and wires sprouting out of my chin, dontcha' know?

Tropical Storm Isaac turned out to be much to do about nothing for us on the west coast of Florida, not that I'm complaining! We had wind and rain all last night but nothing severe. There was a tornado just east of us earlier this afternoon, and storm squalls continue to pass through our area, but all in all we've been very fortunate. This afternoon we were getting ready to drive out to Anna Maria Island beaches (what little was left from Debby) and take some photos when we checked our local weather channel and saw a newscaster reporting live. The wind was blowing sand so hard he had to get off the beach, so we've postponed going until tomorrow.

As you can see our home is still standing- even the palm tree I always worry about when it's windy. 




Isabella has been a trooper, thanks to her Xanax and Thundershirt. Actually I don't think the Thundershirt does a damn thing for her but I'm hoping she eventually associates the euphoric feeling she gets from the Xanax with the Thundershirt.


Without Xanax she would have been glued to her wall for days- seriously. I have no idea why she always goes to that wall and intently stares at it as she drools and trembles when storms are in the area, but she does- for hours on end just like this:



Instead of staring at her wall, thanks to the wonder of Xanax she ate her dinner and then spent the evening on the couch as I watched True Blood and RHONJ. Even my screaming at Caroline Manzo didn't disturb her...
 (Toy was strategically placed for modesty reasons. Emmy will be so pissed when she finds out her toy was on Bella's crotch)

Sweet dreams for sweet Isabella-


4 comments:

  1. Very grateful Isaac decided not to make a visit! I slept much better last night knowing you were going to miss most of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Bobbi! We were very lucky, and I'm always lucky to have a friend like you, my bestest buddy. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL!!! Glad you are ok!!! Crotch shot with toy..priceless! ;) AsianPosh <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous blog. Thank you so much for the laughs! Glad you and yours are safe and sound. Hurricane is a good excuse to shave your legs ;o) luluinsandiego

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!