In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Summer continues here in SW Florida and we squeezed in one more weekend on the beach. The Gulf water temps have cooled down into the low 80's. Soon the temps will drop below 80 and it will be too cold for me. Yes, I'm a complete wimp, I admit it. By December the only people you'll see swimming are tourists. 

Very few people were on our stretch of beach this weekend. It was mostly us and the birds... 







... and some fluffy cotton ball clouds with the sun peeking out.


While we were out in the water several dolphins swam close by and even a manatee slowly floated by us. And no, I didn't try to ride it-LOL (Did you all read about that woman jumping on the back of a manatee last week?)


As we were walking by a sand dune I noticed that someone must have a really good time the night before. Such a good time that she left her panties behind. Dontcha' hate it when you get home and realize you forgot your panties? 

 





On our way home we drove along the inner coastal waterway. I love the houseboat that's always anchored at the end of this dock. I wish I had taken the time to get out of the car and taken a closer picture of this boat. Not only do potted flowering plants decorate the dock, the boat has oodles of potted plants. I can't imagine keeping them all watered.



Even the island cafes and bars have been left to the locals until the winter tourists begin to arrive...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me!