In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Friday, October 19, 2012

Virgin Mary Gives Birth to Evil Pumpkin Head

Is this not the craziest shit you've ever seen? I was taking the dogs for a ride the other day when I passed this bizarre tableau. Mary and Joseph with a pumpkin head in the manger? WTF? I had to turn around and go back for a closer look. I stopped the car to get a photo because I knew no one would believe what I was seeing. It was even worse than I first thought... pumpkins, ghosts, a skeleton, lawn gnomes and of course Mary, Joseph and Baby Pumpkin Head. The gnomes and manger figurines have been displayed year around for several years, but now Baby Jesus was replaced by a pumpkin, with ghosts and skeleton as new additions. 


As I looked closer I saw that Baby Jesus was still in the manger after all, and the Virgin Mary hadn't actually given birth to pumpkin. For some reason the elderly people living there thought having an evil pumpkin head devour Baby J added a festive twist to their display. 



Happy Halloween, Baby J!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I LOVE THAT. I've been wanting to do a wild Nativity scene every Christmas but my family would disown me plus I'd probably have a cross burning on the front yard. Kudos to those folks for creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you put up a "wild" nativity scene this year, be sure and share photos with us-LOL

      Delete
    2. Only if I can stay with you and ROM after I'm run out of town.

      Delete
  2. LMAO! That is so awesome. I just love discoveries like this. People are just so darn hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to drive by there again soon and see if they have removed the pumpkins now that Halloween is over. They never remove the nativity scene so maybe the pumpkins will become a permanent display, too.

      Delete

Talk To Me!