In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Friday, November 23, 2012

No Stinkin' Turkey For Us...

Last Thanksgiving we had company so I spent the day in the kitchen and  made the traditional turkey and dressing- yet again. We decided this year that we've had enough holiday turkey dinners to last us a lifetime. I betcha' if the Pilgrims had steak available they wouldn't have eaten turkey. 

Instead of spending two days in the kitchen preparing and cooking dinner, I spent maybe a total of one hour preparing our feast of grilled steaks with grilled portobello mushrooms, sweet onion, and green peppers. The only things I cooked in the house were baked cheesy potatoes and crostini (recipe here) topped with chopped tomatoes, pine nuts, basil, garlic and parsley tossed with olive oil. A simple dinner but oh so good! We finished our dinner with dutch apple pie from the local Amish restaurant and french vanilla ice cream. 


And now it's time to get ready for Christmas! And no, I don't mean Black Friday shopping with the crazed unwashed masses. There is nothing in the world I want bad enough to enter a store on Black Friday- I don't care if they're giving shit away. Our way of getting ready for Christmas is ROM pulling out all his stored tubs of lights to create our very own Griswald Christmas... ho ho ho...

4 comments:

  1. hey!! No pic of the actual dinner?????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so hungry we dove right in and I forgot to take a pic.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was perfect, Bobbi. And we didn't feel bloated and disgusting as the big traditional turkey and dressing dinner leaves us.

      Delete

Talk To Me!