In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Was Almost Famous...

Those of you who follow me on Twitter know I'm over my obsession with Bravo Real Housewives and am now fixated on the Jodi Arias trial. Quite a few of my Twitter friends and I tweet as we watch the trial live while making snarky remarks about Jodi, her lawyer Big Nurmi and her expert  Dr. Testifies For Teeth ( Dr. Samuels).  I've even got ROM hooked on the trial and he swore years ago he'd never watch HLN or Nancy Grace. He developed an aversion to Nancy plus the terms "tot mom" and "bombshell tonight"  when the Casey Anthony trial was being being aired. All I had to do was turn on the Nancy Grace Show and he would leave the room.  That actually came in handy when he was getting on my nerves or I had a candy bar hidden in my desk I wanted to eat without sharing. But back to the "I was almost famous" story...

Earlier today  Ted Rowlands, a CNN correspondent, was looking for someone who watches the Jodi Arias trial from home every day.  He dmed me to ask where I was located and when I told him he said "Darn.. Too far for our Miami guys to get there today. We're doing story on avid trial watchers." Well, slap my ass and call me Zanny the Nanny.  Damn story of my life - in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can you imagine my neighbors if a CNN crew pulled up in front of the house? That would have been the most excitement this old senior community had ever seen! There would have been a traffic jam of golf carts and three wheel bikes on my street. It would have definitely given them something new to talk about at the recreation center morning coffee the next day- CNN from ROH's lanai discussing Dr. Testifies For Teeth and the Mormon Goddess!  Oh well, I didn't want to be on TV anyway. My legs need shaved and my roots are way over due for a touch up.

You can follow Ted Rowlands on Twitter here  

9 comments:

  1. Well damn!!! You could've been on TV!! You're still our superstar :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best it didn't happen. I'd lose my anonymity and I couldn't write any new neighborhood stories.

      Delete
  2. Rolling on the floor, laughing my way too skinny ass offffff...
    The visual of a traffic jam composed solely of golf carts & 3-wheelers is almost too much to bear! Not to mention all the canes and walkers flying trying to elbow one another out of their way. hahahaha sigh and hahaha some more!
    Baca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang!!! I wanted you to blog about your neighbors reactio when CNN came by.They might think you offed ROM.. Lol.

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they would have all been whispering "What did she do now?!?"

      Delete
  4. OMFG!!! That's incredible. Damnity dam dam! I hope he gets someone out there to talk to you. Maybe you and ROM can replace Nancy Grace and Vinny Politan!!! I'm seriously praying he calls you back!!!

    xoxo Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bombshell tonight from the lanai of ROH and ROM! ROFLMAO

      Delete
  5. YOU COULD OF BEEN A SHTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    - IMA

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!