In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Saturday, April 6, 2013

1st Friday Art Walk At Bradenton's Village of the Arts


It was a beautiful evening for last night's 1st Friday Art Walk. The Village of the Arts is an amazing area of Bradenton that has been taken over by artists. The area was at one time a run down seedy part of town. Local artists bought up property, renovated the old homes and turned them into working art studios. It's a delightful place of colorful artist homes/galleries, and the abundance of old trees and lush landscaping adds to the charm. 



On the first Friday evening of every month the artists open their galleries to the public. I took some photos last night to give you a glimpse of this magical  neighborhood. I was too lazy to photograph all the galleries. I so wish we had bought a home in the Village instead of the in this old peeps community. 







I love Arts & Eats. Not only do they sell artwork...


... in the backyard they have live music and a dining area. 

(Don't you love this old tree in the dining area?)












I loved this painting and would have bought it if I had some where to hang it. It was in the studio of Arte Coyoacano.








This is one of my favorite galleries- Jo-Ellen Gorris' Clay in the Garden. Every time I've been in this gallery, Ms. Gorris is sitting there sculpting. Her work is so whimsical and delightful!









The Art Council of Manatee County-



This studio is like looking into a kaleidoscope-



It takes awhile to look around and take everything in, so much and such bold splashes of color.









Tonight we are off to the De Soto Seafood Festival and I'll have more photos to share.  



4 comments:

  1. I love this blog! It's like going on a virtual vacation. You live in a beautiful area with so many interesting things to do and see. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoy the blog. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Super cool houses/neighborhood ROH, and I love your new blog banner art. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cyn! And yes, the Village of the Arts is an amazing neighborhood. Sure wish I lived there.

      Delete

Talk To Me!