In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Monday, April 29, 2013

Beach, Thorns,and Gesso


It's amazing how much I've gotten done in the past few days with no breaking news stories about terrorist attacks, explosions in Texas, or the Jodi Arias trial coverage. I spent all day Friday cleaning my studio and today I'm priming canvases. Not only did I prep canvases, I now have a dress, table and area of the floor with splashes of gesso on them- I really need to remember to make sure caps are on tight before shaking bottles of gesso. 



We spent our Sunday at the beach soaking up the sun.  Everyone in the area must have had the same idea because the traffic was backed up to get on the island. Usually by this time of year the crowds have cleared out, but it appears the island is becoming too popular. We avoid the beaches with life guards and concession stands because that's where most people go. The stretch of beach we always go to always have fewer people... of course you're on your own if you start to drown or get attacked by a shark.

(Right click & then click Open In New Window to see photos full size)










We spent Saturday working on the yard and cleaning the lanai furniture. ROM and I seldom argue, but working in the yard together seems to be the exception. What is it with men always wanting to savagely whack and over trim anything that's growing? We replay the same scene over and over again, year after year. I know he's going to over trim something and he knows I'll get pissy over it. But yet we continue to do it-LOL Thank goodness the bougainvillea in the front yard has escaped his spring trimming. Usually she flowers in the winter but she decided to put on a show this month by bursting into blooms of gorgeous deep color...




When she's finished blooming I'll let ROM trim her back all by himself with no argument from me  because those wicked thorns on that bitch will tear you up. Ain't I nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me!