In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Guilty As Charged

I'm still totally engrossed in the Jodi Arias trial. Watching Alyce LaViolette testify is so entertaining! She tries her damnedest to out wit Mr. Martinez and is failing miserably. Even ROM has gotten hooked on the trial. As soon as he gets home from work every day he sits down and watches the trial coverage as I catch him up on what he has missed from earlier in the day. We've even started to talk like trial lawyers. Last night we had the following conversation...  



ROH: Mr. ROM, isn't it true that you snooped around and found your wife's bag of M&Ms with almonds? And isn't also true that you ate all the remaining M&Ms? Yes or no!?!

ROM: I have no idea what you're talking about. 

ROH: Sir, are you asking us to believe that ninjas broke into the house and finished off your wife's  bag of M&Ms? 

ROM: Ma'am, that's not what I said. You're twisting my words. 

ROH: Did you or did you not eat all of your wife's M&Ms  sometime between April 6th and April 9th? 

ROM:  I don't recall. Ma'am, this badgering you're subjecting me to is abusive and you need a time out.

ROH: Your Honor, please note that the witness is being unresponsive. Perhaps this will refresh his memory.  I submit this photo as evidence. Sir, didn't you put this empty bag of M&Ms in the trash? 




ROM: I know nothing about that bag being in the trash. But as a goodwill gesture I will get you another bag of M&Ms with almonds. 

ROH: See that you do! And if you don't, this case will be reopened and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Court is in recess. 



8 comments:

  1. LMAO!! Poor ROM, he gets no cookies or M&M's ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two should have your own television show. It sounds like ROM is as funny as you are. I get such a kick out of this blog, thanks ROH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anon! I'm glad you enjoy the blog

      Delete
  3. maybe he should try the twinkie defense? Or, it al gets foggy after that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! He has no defense and I always catch him ;)

      Delete
  4. All I know is somebody better hide the spatula and the camera!

    WhiteTrashGal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the plunger? That seems to be the weapon of choice in my retirement community

      Delete

Talk To Me!