In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Beachy Weekend...

Another beautiful beach weekend- warm, breezy and sunny. The Gulf water is now around 80 degrees and perfect for swimming. Summer has arrived in SW Florida...

I love seeing the beaches, dunes and sea oats rebounding from the damage TS Debby caused last June. Even though TS Debby destroyed many sea turtle nests, it still turned out to be a record year for our shelled friends. And the first turtle nest of this season has already been buried under the warm sand. Hopefully no storms will destroy this year's turtle nests. 


As I walked down the beach this guy was buried in the sand, but when I walked back they had switched and the little girl was the one buried. I've often wondered if any one has broke their leg walking the beach at night and falling in one of the many holes left by kids. 




These two guys were interesting. I'm assuming the stocking caps are part of their culture or religion? I can't think of any other reason someone would wear dark colored stocking caps when it's almost 90 degrees and the sun is beating down.



I never grow tired of watching little kids playing on the beach. No whining, tantrums or pouting at the beach... just laughter and joy.

1 comment:

Talk To Me!