In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Monday, May 20, 2013

Water Calls To Us All...

People universally seem to be drawn to bodies of water...  streams, rivers, lakes, ponds and oceans.  As a kid I remember spending many summer days playing in the neighborhood creek, swimming at the local summer camp lake and water skiing on the Mississippi River. Now I'm blessed to be just a few miles from the Anna Maria Island beaches. 






This guy was close enough to ride his bike to the beach...





Even birds are attracted to water like this cute little sanderling that flew in to feast on critters that wash ashore and hide under the sand ...





And this hungry Ibis...


And of course kids love water whether it's a kiddie pool in the backyard or the Gulf of Mexico






Love of water doesn't abate even as we get older. This grandpa was teaching a little girl about fishing...



Even cowgirls love the water...








At the end of the day we had to wait for the bridge to go down so we could return home. If only I had won that big Lotto last Saturday night, I wouldn't have to go across the bridge to get home. I could just walk in  my back door... maybe next week...


8 comments:

  1. Here's to lottery dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back again to nag you about watermarking your photos. As a professional photographer I can't over emphasis how important it is to protect your work. You put a lot of time and effort into your blog and photos. I'd hate to see you get ripped off.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Richard, for looking out for me. I know you're right and I'll try to remember to mark my photos.

      Delete
  3. Love it! Going to the beach in 3 weeks! XO AsianPoshy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find lots of pretty new shells, Poshy! Look forward to your pictures

      Delete
  4. So true ROH! I adore being near water and the artificial waterfall that runs 24/7 outside my apartment soothes the wild beast in me. H2OhOhOh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if our draw to water is because life started in the oceans? Ancient primordial memories calling to us?

      Delete

Talk To Me!