In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Tuesday, July 23, 2013

And Then The Sun Came Out...

While the east coast roasted from the searing heat, here on the south west coast of Florida we were cooler than usual due to the clouds and rain we had all week. Good lord, we had rain- day after day of rain. Our sump pump under the house worked overtime, Isabella spent the week shaking, my tan faded and the grass grew like it was on steroids. But the cooler temps were a nice reprieve from our usual summer heat.

Saturday morning the rain and clouds moved on and the sun came out. And it was hot hot hot!!! Not to mention humid- so gawd awful humid. And we had to go to an outdoor birthday party, sweet jezzus it was sweltering. I lasted two hours and by that time I felt like a big ol' oil slick. I swear even my toes were sweating. I was never so glad to get home to the air conditioning and a cool shower.


 

We spent Sunday at the only place one should be on hot summer days- the beach.

This guy was standing guard to make sure no one disturbed the dunes...



This mellow gull was hoping to enjoy the day lazing on the beach ...


But a little boy had other plans for the gulls. He tirelessly chased the gulls all frigging afternoon. I was waiting for one of them to pluck his eyes out or at least crap on him.




Lots of colorful umbrellas dotted the beach...



And a new sea turtle nest had been laid since our last visit to the beach...


And to finish the weekend off I indulged in sheer hedonism by spending Sunday night eating huge amounts of orange sherbet ice cream as I watched my favorite shows- True Blood, Dexter, Ray Donovan and The Killing. Life is good...

10 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see a blog from you. I've been worried about you and missed your blogging. Love the Sly and Family Stone video and your pictures. Stay cool, ROH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anon, all is good in my world. I was just taking a break from blogging and tweeting. Thanks for caring and stopping by! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Do the gulls often do that to kids that terrorize them? That would be worth a trip to Florida to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL! Not that I've seen yet, but hope springs eternal and I have my Flip ready just in case they do.

      Delete
    2. I LOL at the poke his eyes out comment. Hilarious! Is the guard bird getting paid WalMart wages?

      Delete
    3. I think he's a retired and a volunteer ;)

      Delete
  3. Do you watch the housewives any more? I think I met you through a housewife blog? Didn't you have posts here about housewives somewhere?
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! Yes, I did have another blog for several years where I recapped Real Housewives shows. I got burned out on the RHs and tired of all their shrieking and fighting.

      Delete
    2. That's a shame because I loved your housewives blog. Your recaps were hands down the best of all of them. So you don't even watch any of the housewives shows anymore?
      -Janice

      Delete
    3. Thanks,glad you enjoyed it. But there are a lot of new Real Housewives blogs and some are very good. Give them a try

      Delete

Talk To Me!