In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Saturday, October 26, 2013

Wild and Crazy Friday Night!

What do couples who've been married almost thirty years and in their senior years talk about? You'd think there wouldn't be much left to talk about. But ROM and I still have deep and passionate conversations about serious issues and current events. Just tonight we had a very intense discussion as we watched episodes of the Walking Dead season 2...

Me: I wonder if the walkers starve to death if they go a long time without feeding?

ROM: Probably, their bodies would need fuel to function.

Me: I don't think so. I think they may just go into like a zombie hibernation until they can feed again. 

ROM:  Zombie hibernation? That's ridiculous. Nothing can live without food.

Me: But they aren't living- duh- they're called The Walking Dead. And even when they are shot or stabbed in the stomach they keep going. 

ROM: Don't duh me! Well, if you have all the answers why in the hell did you ask me? 

Me: Now don't get all pissy! 

ROM: Since when are you a zombie expert? 

Me: Good lord, it just occurred to me we're having a serious discussion and arguing over zombie nutritional needs. (And then I laughed so hard I almost peed myself) 

ROM: Let's watch one more episode...


And this, boys and girls, is how old people spend their Friday nights.





5 comments:

Talk To Me!