In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Sunday, January 5, 2014

Where To Begin?

I've tried to write this entry so many times. I either sit and stare at the blank page unable to write anything, or I write too much and end up deleting it. I guess I'm just not ready to write about what happened that turned my life upside down and ripped my heart out. My emotions are just too raw and intense to share. So I'm not going to right now. I'll wait until I'm on more solid ground. 

We skipped Christmas this year, so no photos of ROM's fabulous light extravaganza. But I do have this photo of the beautiful orchid a dear friend sent me. New blooms continue to pop open and it's even prettier now than when I took this photo. And it fills the house with the most wonderful scent. 



My Christmas cacti are slow to bloom this year.  The white and the gold ones are in full bloom now and the reds are just getting ready to burst open. We're expecting freezing temps on Monday and Tuesday nights so I'll have to move them inside. I hope it doesn't cause them to drop their buds.




I hope your holidays were filled with joy, and I wish you all a new year of joy, love, adventures, challenges and success...

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are going through a very difficult time.
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for our loss, ROH. I hope it's some consolation to know how loved you are on Twitter and in the blogging world. I know your darling ROM is taking good care of you during this difficult time. I have a candle burning for you on my personal spiritual altar.
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary, I'm so thankful to have my amazing ROM. He truly is my rock.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes saying "sorry" isn't enough, but it's all I can think of to say to you now. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you'll be okay. It's really nice to see you blogging again.

    ~NoHoHousewife aka Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It's more than enough that my online friends care and take the time to tell me they do. I'm so touched by all the kindness that has been shown me.

      Delete
  4. I love that you are blogging again, ROH. I'm catching up and loving the pics of the chalk art festival. You take your time. We're not going anywhere. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you ROH!

    Amia

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!