In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Friday, April 18, 2014

Bertha Is Back, Bloody Moons and Sea Turtles...

I seem to be having a helluva time getting back into blogging. I actually had plans to be more disciplined with my blogging in 2014. I had every intention of blogging three times a week every week. But then 2013 ended badly and 2014 didn't start off the way I had planned... 

I've been spending a lot of time alone at home so I really haven't had anything funny or entertaining to share. I've been watching way too much TV and indulging way too often in comfort food and snacks. After getting through the holidays for the first time ever not only not gaining weight but actually losing, my appetite returned in January- with a freaking vengeance! Of course ROM is always my partner in crime. Before we knew it Walter and Bertha were back- with luggage. We're giving Walter and Bertha eviction notices Monday, time to get back on our diet of lean grilled meats and veggies. The snowbirds and tourists will soon start clearing out and we can reclaim the island and our beach, so it's time to get back down to swimsuit weight. 

I did pull myself away from TV long enough the other night to go outside and watch the lunar eclipse. The blood moon was beautiful in an eerie way. I got a couple of decent photos of it. 



If I'm not watching TV, I'm in my studio listening to music and doodling. Remember the photos I took at the Anna Maria Chalk Art Festival?  I loved this sea turtle art!

It inspired me to a work on a sea turtle using TomBow markers and pens. He still needs his back legs and some detail work. I think I might even do a sculpture based on my doodle. 

I must close now- I promised Bertha a snack before I take her to bed...

5 comments:

  1. Bertha's sister has moved in with me. Keep us posted on the progress of the eviction. Maybe it will inspire me to evict Berthas sister. My dear, your work is far from doodling. Your seaturtle is stunning. Will you frame it when your done? I'm wishing you and ROM a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave Bertha her eviction notice Monday morning- hopefully she has started packing. Thank you for your kind words about the sea turtle doodle. Have no idea what I'll do with it. Probably make prints of it.

      Delete
  2. Love your photo of the blood moon! And wow, what a beautiful sculpture your sea turtle will make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! I planned on staying out for the entire eclipse but the damn mosquitoes were eating me up.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures of the moon! Happy you're back to blogging more! :)

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!