In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Thursday, September 3, 2015

You Want A Birthday Whore, I'll Buy You A Birthday Whore!

ROM's birthday was a few weeks ago so we went out to dinner at a local seafood restaurant. I was on my good behavior that night and didn't tell the waitress it was his b'day, like I have in the past. He hates when I do that and the staff all come to the table singing. Unlike me, he's an introvert and doesn't like attention focused on him. I can only imagine the embarrassment this poor man has suffered being married to me. 


Anyway, we had a nice quiet dinner. Since he had a few drinks, I drove home. As we chatted on the ride home I remarked that I should have gotten him a gift even though he had insisted he didn't want anything. We were sitting at a stop light when I noticed a couple ladies of the night on their evening prowl. And the conversation went like this...

Me- You want a birthday whore? Come on, I'll buy you two birthday whores!

ROM: Nah, that's okay, I'll pass.

Me: Are you sure? You want a whore, by gawd I'll buy you a whore! It's your birthday, the sky is the limit!

ROM: I'm sure, I'll pass on the whores this year.

Me: Think it over- it's early and they look fresh. Might have even showered today. Speak up now because once we get home and I have my jammies on, I'm not going back out to find you a birthday whore if you change your mind.

ROM: Cake will be fine. 



So home we went to have cake with the dogs. Isabella's birthday is also in August so we celebrate them together. Just so Emmy doesn't feel left out, we lie and tell her it's her birthday, too. ROM gets his favorite triple chocolate bundt cake and the dogs get vanilla cupcakes. 


I'm glad we didn't pick up the birthday whores because I had enough trouble getting these three to pose for a picture. Emmy was trying to eat the cupcake with the burning candle still in it while Isabella freaked out and leaped out of the chair a second after this was snapped. No way I would have had the patience and time to get a couple of whores posed in the picture,too.   




4 comments:

  1. So glad I found your site again! I just made your fab meatloaf recipe from years ago, and it's the best!
    Love the pics and blog. kmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Why, thank you very much! May I buy you a whore? My treat!

      Delete

Talk To Me!