In 2002 we ran away from Illinois where we were born and raised, and started a new life in SW Florida. This blog is about me (an eccentric old artist), ROM (my Real Old Man), Isabella (our neurotic Standard Poodle) and Emmy (our crazy snake killing Jack Russell Terrier). Oh- and the neighborhood old people. Life is good in Florida!

_________________________________


Sunday, January 12, 2020

All Things Come To Those Who Wait...

...so goes an original old proverb. Some overly optimistic person later changed it to "all good things come to those who wait", which we know is utter nonsense. Not that I've ever been what you would consider a pessimist, I am a realist. I've seen too many good people wait for good things to come in vain. The original version is reality. You wait long enough, things come along, but not always things you wanted. That's just life. But back to the waiting...

As much waiting as I've done for the last two months, you would think I would be getting good at it. I'm not. But it's a mixed bag- I catch myself thinking I want all this waiting over- I need to know my prognosis. Then this little voice asks if I really want to know or do I want to stay in this limbo a bit longer? 

What ever kind of cancer this is, it's thriving. I have new nodules in my neck and for the past week the right side of my chin is numb. The pain in my spine won't let me lay down for more than two hours, evidently the bastard prefers sitting up. And why in the hell couldn't my spine be the place that went numb? 

Wait, wait, wait... like a dripping faucet. Left hanging in limbo, like my desk gecko. Hanging by my toes and waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk To Me!